Frequently Asked Questions:
.... shown using a pink colored LED lightbulb....
WHAT TYPE OF LAMPHOLDERS SHOULD I ATTACH MY BRITEDROPS LUMINAIRE TO IN MY HOME?
- Generally, it is designed to be screwed into open lightbulb lampholders (also known as keyless lampholders) found in some rooms, stairways, basements and garages. See picture below. It can also be installed on corded lampholders that plug into wall sockets and hang off the ceiling area. See our pictures on the website. Remember, it screws into the lampholders similar to installing a medium base E26 type lightbulb. See Installation instructions.
WHAT REPLACEMENT LIGHT BULBS DO YOU RECOMMEND?
- We recommend that you only use LED lightbulbs.
Maximum 60 Watts Incandescent E26 Medium base bulb. Never exceed 60 Watts bulb.
However, a 60 Watt Incandescent bulb generates A LOT OF HEAT, which may be detrimental over time to the appearance and beauty of the polymer lampshade and the decorative images.
By contrast, a 10 Watt LED bulb produces about the same amount of light brightness as a 60 Watt Incandescent bulb, BUT MUCH LESS HEAT. Both bulbs yield about 800 Lumens of visible light.
LED bulbs are also much more energy efficient than Incandescent because you get the similar amount of light brightness using many fewer Watts of electrical power. You pay for Watts!
WHAT IF I NEED MORE BRIGHTNESS FROM MY LUMINAIRE?
- If you need more brightness (Lumens) from your BriteDrops Luminaire, perhaps for use in a large room or garage, look into using a 16 to 20 Watt LED bulb (Medium base E 26 type).
For example, a 16 Watt LED bulb puts out about as much light as a 100 Watt Incandescent bulb. You CANNOT USE a 100 Watt Incandescent Bulb (that is above the UL rating) but you CAN USE a 16 Watt LED and get the same 1600 Lumens of brightness.
CAN I USE DIFFERENT COLOR LED LIGHTBULBS?
- Yes, of course! LED lightbulbs have become very inexpensive compared to earlier years, especially the medium base E26 screw type bulbs. Have fun and experiment with bulbs of different wattage, Kelvin color temperatures and even colored LED bulbs. You will get some interesting visual effects. See other comments in PRODUCT CARE. The translucent white lampshade displays the various colors well. It's a matter of personal taste.
CAN I USE A DIMMER SWITCH WITH THE PRODUCT?
- Yes, you can. Just be sure that your lightbulb is compatible with your dimmer specifications.
CAN I ATTACH ANY OTHER DEVICE TO THE BRITEDROPS LUMINAIRE?
- We do not recommend attaching any other external device to the light fixture. We especially caution against adding additional weight to the light fixture. It only weighs 1 lb.8 oz. and safely attaches and secures to the E26 screw connection of your lampholders.
HOW CAN I STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE NEW LAUNCHES AND PROMOTIONS?
- You can sign up for our email list to get updates on new products, sales, events and other special announcements. Email sign up is available at the bottom of every page in the BRITEDROPS website.
WHAT ARE MY PAYMENT OPTIONS?
- BRITEDROPS accepts most credit and debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover. We also accept PayPal.